S2E: No More Low Internal Memory Storage? ^^ February 3, 2013Posted by haryoktav in Interest.
Yes, this is about my-almost-2-years-phone-and-I-don’t-know-when-I-can-buy-a-new-one-just-like-my-friends. Ha! ^^ So, this is my story about how come I didn’t realize that the apps can be moved to external SDcard-so I have more space to install more apps?! See? This picture below? ^^
I had upgraded my Galaxy Mini from its original Froyo 2.2 to Gingerbread 2.3.6 (Chocobread 3.2 Final version to be precise). I followed this links how to upgrade:
Then installed CWM. So, later, I can try various custom ROMs without PC. Ow, of course I still need PC to copy the custom ROM file(s) to my 2Gb-SDcard.. 🙂 Here is my link:
Almost forget, and I already forgot where I got the Chocobread custom ROM, but just search the file name with Google for: “[www.indowebster.com]-GT-S5570_signed_chocobread_v3.2.0_Final_Release.zip”
OK, so, everything is done. Please don’t questioning because I did that almost one year ago.. ^^
1. Now, the main story ^^. Before doing the rest. I backed-up my data. Exported my contact list to SDcard. Backed-up my messages using SMS Backup & Restore app. And backed-up the others apps using Titanium Backup free version. Then copy everything from SDcard to my PC. Just in case something crazy happen.
2. Next, I had to partition my SDcard become two: FAT32 and EXT4. This could be done with CWM. I found this link: http://www.noypigeeks.com/android/tutorial-a-guide-to-link2sd/.
3. After partitioned the SDcard, I copied back the data that I have saved in my PC into my SDcard.
4. I went to recovery mode and erase everything (factory reset). This step maybe not necessary.
5. Run S2E app. S2E has to be granted by Superuser. Then I checked everything.. ^^ and reboot to take effect. If you cannot check the Application Data, reboot again. But enabling this option will lower the performance.
6. I restored everything, my contact list, my messages (using SMS Backup & Restore), my apps (using Titanium Backup). Then reboot. Walaa… I have nothing in my internal storage! Just I showed you in the first picture above.
About the whole performance? I don’t know.. I don’t care.. I don’t expect more for my 600MHz processor.. ^^ Thx for the links above!
By the way, I was wondering if I unmount the SDcard for a while.. since everything will take out from the system, is my phone still working? 😉 A-Ha! You guessed it!
(Note: screen capture is a combination of home button and power button)
<Edited: > Sometimes an application can not run, so I go to S2E again, un-check Application, Private Apps, and Application Data, then re-boot again. It works fine!